Your brakes are obviously one of the most important components on your automobile. Proper care and regular maintenance is essential to protect both yourself and others from the potential harm caused by faulty brakes. Some signs that your brakes may be failing or require maintenance include:
- The brakes squeal, grind or bang when applied. If this occurs you should immediately have your brakes checked
- The car pulls to one side when you apply the brakes
- The brakes stick or a loss of engine power when you are driving . Your brakes may not be releasing properly which can lead to total brake loss.
- The brakes grab when lightly applied. This could be caused by loose or broken brake parts
- The brakes need a lot of pressure to work or the pedal needs to be near the floor before it works. This may be a sign that your brakes are worn and replacement is necessary
- The brake pedal, steering wheel or entire car vibrates when you step on the brakes