Although you can not ensure your vehicle will not be stolen you can take a few easy steps to prevent the likelihood of it happening, by making it more difficult for a thief to steal your vehicle and its contents.
- Always lock your vehicle
- Never leave your keys in the vehicle
- Turn off your ignition whenever you leave your car
- Avoid parking on the street
- Conceal items left in your car, keep things in the trunk and never leave money or compact discs in the open
- Whenever possible, park your vehicle in a well-lit, well-guarded, highly visible area
- Ask your neighbours to watch out for your vehicle and do the same for them
- Install an anti-theft deterrent such as car alarms or an ignition disabler.
For tips and more information to help you avoid having your car broken into or stolen please contact the appropriate industry organization in your area.